Wes is a Computer Science student at UNC Charlotte, focusing in Information Security, with a
Computer Engineering minor.
He is the current treasure of 49th Security Division, UNCC's hacking club.
- SAS - 2019 - Cary campus.
- Working at GIS (Global Information Security)
- SAS - 2018 - Cary campus.
- Headed a project that streamlines the creation and maintenance of pipeline nodes in
Model Studio. Written in Electron, this included writing a JS API to interface with the
Model Studio Server backend and building a dynamic visual editor for the supporting
to new or existing nodes. Provided CRUD functionality to the internal exchange.
- Pentair - 2017 - Raleigh Research lab.
- Headed a project that collected and parsed Lambda and SQS log files from AWS, then
generated a report which was posted in Slack and charted over time on a dashboard.
Designed and implemented a REST service to facilitate SSH handshakes through firewalls.
Began research project on a mesh netting solution for IOT devices in proximity,
allowing for network redundancy in remote locations.
Awarded certifications include:
- CompTIA CySA+ Cybersecurity Analyst
- CompTIA Security+ ce
- CompTIA A+ ce
- 98-364: MTA: Database Fundamentals
- 98-374: MTA: Gaming Development Fundamentals (C#)
My stronger languages are Python, js, C, Java, and SQL